How to Change Ones Destiny

Tom was walking around the bookshop looking for a new book to read when a member of staff came up to him and asked him why he was crying.

Tom hadn't realised that he was crying, nor had he realised or taken in what he had seen. He turned to the member of staff and explained that he didn't even realise he was crying.

Suddenly, the entire store shock as the windows at the front of the store shattered. Tom jumped behind one of the book cases as a shard of glass struck the women in her right eye, popping it and piercing her brain causing her deafening shriek to echo through the store.

Tom's brain slowly began to register what he had seen; and slowly he pieced together who his attackers were and how many of them there were. He slowly pieced together the events that would lead to his death.

He dove to the right without thinking when he felt the bookcase begin to move, something he realised quickly could have just cemented his vision of his death in place in time. He launched a barrage of fire-balls over the top of his book-stand/cover before ducking back to avoid the incoming plasma fire.

His left hand was caught by one piece of plasma which caused him to scream in pain and clutch his hand close to his chest. He stood fast and with his one free hand he launched sniper-ice-shards at his attackers, stabbing three of the six in the head, taking it from a six against one fight to a three against one-half-of-a-person fight.

"If you're going to kill me, then at least tell me who you are!" Tom demanded as his left shoulder was struck by more plasma fire.
       "We are your worst nightmare," they replied in unison.
       "You're a bunch of sheep singing Justin Bieber?" Tom retorted playfully as he took out one of the assailants with a piece of metal from the other side of the street.
       "No, we are the Zoombians," they stated obviously and smugly.
       "Ha, you guys haven't been my nightmares since I was 5," Tom joked as he spun up a small time tornado on the fifth attacker. One Left, he thought.

But he knew, he knew he would get this far; he knew which alien would end up surviving to kill him.
       "I've seen how this ends," Tom offered. "And it's not good for either of us."
       "You are wrong, today you die and I live," the alien snapped back as if Tom had his a nerve.
       "You're right. I am lying, it is only supposed to be me who dies here today," Tom accepted. "However, it is my life, my power. And quite frankly, I don't want to die."

The remained Zoombian, who had no name, took a step back in astonishment as Tom exited his cover.

"I have the ability of foresight," Tom stated aloud, "and so I have the ability to change my destiny to whatever I want...and I don't want to die."

Tom then pulled his hands a part and a small time bomb was set off inside the alien that caused him to exploded, covering Tom in blood, guts, and horribly sticky cat-blood.

And with that, Tom managed to alter his destiny.

Not canonlogical in any shape or form

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Updates for the main series

Family Reunion: Father, Part 1

NCIS Rewrite: Canteen Catastrophe