The Request of the Century

It was a bright and sunny day in Washington DC and the Major Case Response Team (MCRT) at the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) was bored out of their minds – Tony was even bored of annoying Tim and Ziva. They had no paperwork; no active case; no nothing. Everything that happened with the Navy or Marines had suddenly just dropped out.


The leader of the MCRT, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, was sat as his desk, staring at his phone, willing it to ring – but it wouldn't. It was getting to a point that it worried him, no crime for a month; even on a small island that was near impossible, let alone in DC. He was going mad, he knew something was wrong, he knew that there was something happening somewhere – he just didn't know where.

Suddenly, Gibbs noticed the lights flicker, as did his computer along with all other computers in the room. "McGee?" Gibbs asked the computer tech of the team.
       "Not sure boss," Tim replied as he attempted to keep the power on on his computer.
       "If McGeek over there doesn't know, then who will?" Tony worryingly asked.

And then Gibbs phone rang, not his desk phone, his mobile phone, which hadn't been effected by the sudden EMP wave. "Hello," he said down the phone.
       "Boss, I thi-think I ne-need you-your help," came a terrified stuttering voice.
       "What happened?" Gibbs asked.
       "I killed her Gibbs, I didn't mean to, it just happened so fast," the voice, now really fast, replied.
       "Slow down," Gibbs calmed. "Who did you kill?"
       "Surely you can guess by now," the voice replied, completely avoiding the name of the deceased.
       "Okay," Gibbs replied understandingly before adding, "What happened?"
       "She came at me, she attacked me, and the next thing I know I've got my arm around her neck and she's slumped to the ground," the voice answered shakingly. "Oh god, her eyes are staring at me."
       "What can we do to help?" Jethro queried.
       "I don't know, boss," the voice stated. "I'm an NCIS Agent, take the reigns on the Investigation."
       "I'll see what I can do," Gibbs decided after a thirty second gap. "We'll be there soon Tom."
       "Hurry," Tom cried and hung up the phone before setting to work on taping up the Crime Scene, even disallowing his parents access to the Caravan.

Meanwhile, back at NCIS. "Gear up," Gibbs voice sounded in the same way it did whenever they were going into the field. "And then go home and pack, we're going to England."


For the Previous Chapter see Blackout in 18
This takes place in Universe 18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Updates for the main series

Family Reunion: Father, Part 1

NCIS Rewrite: Canteen Catastrophe